Thursday, July 12, 2012

CCEE Stampers - 7-12-2012 - Reverse Masking

The challenge this week at CCEE Stampers is given by this month's hostess, the very talented Lois Bak -- to make a card utilizing the technique of reverse masking!  Believe it or not, this is the first time I've done reverse masking - and I really like the technique!
So, why not make your card and hook it up with Mr.Linky so that we can all enjoy your pretty cards!  Also, check out the cards of the talented DT for some inspiration!

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Dogwood Blossoms by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
Paper:  MFP White Premium Heavy 140 lb. CS
Ink:  Copics for blossom: R85, 83, 81; E35; YG25, 23, 21 and Tea Dye Distress Ink for sponging
Accessories:  MFP Pink ribbon; Spellbinder's Labels 20 dies; Prima flower stud (center of flower); Queen & Co. pink pearls

Thanks for stopping by - later gator!



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad I pushed you into a new technique. You did a great job with it, Kathy. I love that big pearl in the center of your dogwood! Good job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lois gave a good challenge this week and I think it was the first time I tried it, too. It was fun once I quite messing things up time and again. :-) Your card is great. You did a super job on this pretty creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant frame for your equally elegant dogwood. The fancy centre really dresses it up into something extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...guess you caught on fast for your first reverse masking Love your work, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo pretty...love the colors and shapes you chose

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty, Kathy. I love the dogwood with the pearl. Awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!