Thursday, June 6, 2013

CCEE Stampers Challenge 1323 - Direct to Paper


Brenda (Benzi) from our CCEE Design Team is our wonderful hostess this month.  For today's challenge, Brenda has asked us to use the direct to paper technique.  I am also sneak peeking a new image from Mark's Finest Papers from a set called Be Proud.  This was a fun technique and I tried a couple of things before I settled on this particular card - not sure I'm crazy about it - but, as they say, "it is what it is."  Why not join us and drop your card into Inlinkz for all to enjoy.  If you are joining from a gallery, be sure to reference the challenge number 1323.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Be Proud by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
Paper:  MFP White Heavy Premium 140 lb. CS; MFP Cherry Slush CS; SU Midnight Muse CS
Ink:  SU Real Red and Midnight Muse
Accessories:  SB Matting Basics A&B Dies

Thanks for stopping by - later gator!


10 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool, Kathy. I had to chuckle when I read what you said "It is what it is." I had the exact same remark on my blog for this particular challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not crazy about it?? WRONG! This is a fabulous idea, Kathy!! I love the open patriotic heart on the white, and the layers in RED and blue!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job on this patriotic card, Kathy. I love seeing how different all the cards are this week. That's what I like about this technique...and it's so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that's one awesome patriotic card, Kathy. Love how you used your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is simply beautiful Kathy.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of those so-so challenges for me, too, with a few attempts ending up in the bin. I love the way you've used the DTP inks with the heart uniting the two blocks. I do love visual plays on words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a very cool card...love how you did the d-to-paper in two sep areas with the image joining them...cool effect

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really liking your card. I like how you did not put the ink pads all the way across which accents the cute heart even more. This is one of my favorites of the new Mark's sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card,Love how you used your colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous technique!!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!