Saturday, July 19, 2014

MFP's Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge 221 - Acrylic Block BG


Welcome to a new challenge at MFP's Speedy Fox & Friends blog.  This week, Challenge 221, is to use an acrylic block to create your BG.  There are probably several ways to create a background with an acrylic block - but the one I selected was to put two colors on my block and spritz it with water.  I dried it with my hot gun and then stamped my image and sentiment.  Remember, there is always a prize of a stamp set to the winner.

Card Recipe:

Stamp set:  MFP's Sun and Moon
Paper:  MFP White Heavy Premium 140 lb. CS; MFP Dark Night Navy CS
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks Broken China and Weathered Wood
Accessories: SB Matting Basics A&B Dies; Acrylic Block; Spritzer

Hope to see you at the challenge.  Thanks for dropping by.  Later gator!


5 comments:

  1. And it worked for you straight off I had a bit of trouble getting the hang of it but finally did Your card turned out lovely...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good job at getting the ink to transfer to your paper!!
    Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. You did a fabulous job and I love the moon over the top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technique works so well with this image. Wonderfully done. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful card Kathy.
    great background you have made.
    hope your oke and doing fine.

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!