Sunday, March 1, 2015

ART JOURNAL PAGES




Well, these are the first four pages in my art journal.  I don't know what the first page was - except an experiment with some paper and colors.  The second page with the gold I liked a bit better.  My third and fourth pages I like even more.  Although I don't know exactly what I am going for when I sit down.  You can see that I leaned, once again, to the blue family in my background.  I added texture to my background and, once it was dried, I added a bit of color to it.  I also added a few stampings in the BG and my titles on each page.  The chipboard frames I used I wanted sort of a grungy feel to them -so I embossed them several times with teal and brown - wanting sort of a peeled paint look.  I added some paper and a couple of pretty butterflies in the frame.  Lastly, I added a couple of grungy looking ticket stubs.  So, all-in-all, I think I am making more progress - learning a bit as I go.

Recipe:

DP - K&Co. Ancestry.com
Mediums:  Art Basics Clear Gesso, Art Basics Heavy White Gesso; Art Basics Opaque Modeling Paste
Chipboard:  Sa Crafters
Embossing Powder:  Ranger
Stencils:  Bo Bunny(2nd page); Tim Holtz Bubbles (3rd page); Tim Holtz Shattered (4th page)
Adhesives:  Glue Gun and Beacon's Fabri Tac
Misc.:  7 Gypsies Ephemera (ticket stubs); Ranger Vintage Photo Ink for distressing; Staz-On Black for inking the Prima Vintage Vanity stamp

I will keep at it - trying to figure out what I really want!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Your pages are just wonderful, Kathy. I love all the texture and the neat embellie's that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy! Your pages are all gorgeous! Each background is so pretty and I'm lovin' all the shimmery details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a gorgeous journal book Kathy, great details.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!