Wednesday, November 30, 2011

MMSC132


This card is for the sketch challenge at Priscilla's Midnight Madness blog.  After I colored the image, I added Ruby Slipper Stickles to the holly berries - which darkened them quite a bit.  Hopefully, when they dry, they will sparkle a bit and not be so dark.  Even though the sun is out today, the sparkle didn't show up in the Stickles or the gold specks woven in the ribbon.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: House Mouse Holiday Smooch
Paper:  Memory Box Yuletide DP; Gina K Luxury 120 and SU CS
Ink:  Copics:  Holly leaves: YG25, 23, 21, YG07, 05, 03, 01 and Berries: R35, 35; Bird: R85, 83, 81, R000, 0000, YR02; Mouse: E35, 33, 31, R21 and 30
Accessories:  Corner rounder punch; Red ribbon with gold threads - Really Reasonable Ribbon; Ruby Slipper Stickles

At least today isn't quite so dreary.  However, DH's cold is much worse.  We called his doctor today - hoping for an appointment today or tomorrow and his doctor is out sick and they aren't booking anything for him tomorrow - not until Friday.  So, we have an appointment at 4:00 p.m. Friday - unless he starts feeling better - which is doubtful - especially, the way he is coughing.

So, that's it for today.  Oh, P.S.  my cat, Missy, is much better!!

Later gator!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I'm just learning my way around blogs, so please be patient, I love yours and all your beautiful cards, especially this little house mouse one, I have a few, and I think they are so cute, hugs Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card!!Hope your dh is feeling much better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card kathy and that image is soooooo sweet.
    your coloring is beautiful.
    I'm glad that your cat is much better.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Kathy, this is such a sweet and adorable card. I love that HM image. I don't think I've ever seen it b4.

    I have to add a little humor here but hubba-hubba is such a great caption for the picture on here. He is one fine looking specimen! You have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card you have made this week!
    Love the image and your coloring is superb.
    Regarding the image I used on my card, I regret to say that I do not know the name of it. Just got one paper print, without the name. But I will try to find out.
    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
    Hugs Guro
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, just can't go wrong with HM. Once again, you have colored your image so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!