Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas Card 2010



This is my Christmas card for this year (or at least the second batch of cards for this year).  At least several 20 of them are made from this sample.  I kind of like it - not to busy.  I used smaller note cards and stamped the greeting on the bottom.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and did 20 of the wreaths and punched those out with a big circle punch.  I also punched 20 large red circles to go behind each wreath for just a little color.  I colored the holly berries and ribbon on this one.  Although, I don't know if I'll just do the holly berries and/or the ribbon on the rest - decisions, decisions!  So, then I glued down the red circle and used pop-up dots between the red circle and the wreath - to give it a little substance.

Card recipe:

Paper:  SU note cards; SU Real Red CS
Ink:  Real Red
Stamp:  SU Heard from the Heart sentiments
Accessories:  Cuttlebug embossing folder wreath and SU large circle punch

I haven't been posting too much this last week - because I haven't been doing many cards.  It seems like I was just drawing blanks and, finally, yesterday I made up a few cards - which I can't post yet because they are for challenges this week.  Well, maybe one of those later tonight - depending on whether or not the challenge opens up late Monday as it usually does and then I can upload another card.

Yesterday was sort of humid and about 75 degrees or so and brought in with the warm temperature a couple of storms last night.  I DO NOT LIKE STORMS!  It's almost the first part of November and we are still having rain/thunder/lightning!  They say there is a possibility of another storm tonight and high winds tonight and tomorrow all day.  Yuk!

I can't seem to get into the Christmas spirit yet - last year I didn't even put up a Christmas tree - just a few decorations around the house and a wreath on the front door.  Hope this year is better - well, at least most of my Christmas cards are done!  I had a batch done before I opened my blog and then this last batch, so I'm good on cards now.

Well, that's it for the blurb on the blog.  Later Gator!

3 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!