Monday, October 18, 2010

Whimsy - Meljen's Apron


I saw this image on one of the Queen for the Day's cards (Crystalklk) on SCS, so I went over to Whimsy (Meljens Designs) and bought the digi.  Not that I am a cook at all, but I do remember my Mom had some aprons and my Grandma too.  I don't have a cooking gene in my body, but I do love aprons.  Now if anyone can explain that puzzle - I'd appreciate it! 

I did the paper piecing technique on the apron.  I'm not sure I actually did it the right way, but it came out all the same.  I just made a photocopy of my digi image on paper and cut out the top and bottom piece of the apron and then put them on the DP and cut around the 2 pattern pieces and, voila, a patterned apron! 

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Digi / Whimsy /Meljen's Designs - Apron
Ink:  Pacific Point - SU Marker
Paper:  SU Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise; DP Cosmo Cricket
Accessories:  SU gemstone brad; Prima flower; Pink Hedgehog ribbon

I'm not sure I would do the paper piecing on an elaborate image, but it is sort of fun to match the image to the DP on the card.  I have seen some very difficult images and it had to have taken an extremely long time to complete the cutting part.  I don't have the patience to cut and cut and cut . . . .

Well, looking out the office window - it is very sunny, but a bit chilly - 61 degrees.  We had a few drops of rain earlier (and I mean a few drops - like 2-1/2 drops)!

Ooh, I hear my load of laundry calling me to put it in the dryer - not really, I deactivated it when I got the new set this Spring - but it should be about time to switch loads.  So, that's it for the blurb on the blog today.  Later Gator!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so cute! I love paper piecing! I find it easier on "regular" stamps vs. digis. Laundry is on my fun agenda tomorrow..wheee...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!