Thursday, May 24, 2012

CCEE 1221 Challenge


Charlene is giving the challenges this month from our CCEE DT - and this week we were to use the colors (or something close) to Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point and Wild Wasabi (and one neutral of your choice - I chose black).  So, I took a piece of kraft cardstock and sponged those colors for the BG - except I substituted Mellow Moss for Wild Wasabi.  I have the Wild Wasabi in the marker set - but not the pad.  I am still learning how to sponge - so it's not really the best job - especially the blue.  For some reason it didn't want to smooth out.  But, it is what it is!  Why not get your ink pads out and join us over at CCEE and link up your cards!

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Hero Arts - Newspaper Tulips
Paper:  Kraft CS
Ink:  SU Pacific Point, Mellow Moss, Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler

Hope to see you over at CCEE!  Thanks for stopping by - later gator!


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Kathy! There you are using those pretty tulips again and they look so lovely against your sponging. I guess we both had the same idea...to sponge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kathy, this is just gorgeous,..great way to use those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GF, you did a great job sponging and did really good with substituting the colors. Your card is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card kathy, beautiful stamped and use of colors.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, you should have seen my sponging when I was first getting to grips with it - I think it was a while before I had anything fit to upload. Your sponged background makes a lovely setting for that image - I still have my birthday card out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the silhouettes against the sponged background, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful kathy! I've never done it and need to try something new! Thx for the inspiration and yoru work really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply lovely....fabulous image....love how you sponged on kraft instead of white...clever and cool

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!