Thursday, June 7, 2012

CCEE Challenge 1223


Yours truly is giving the challenges to our most wonderful and talented DT over at CCEE this month - and to any of you who might want to play along.  This week I asked the ladies to make a card with a vintage feel.  I would love to make vintage shabby chic cards - but they never turn out looking as they should - they end up looking just shabby!

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  A Beautiful Day by Verses Rubber Stamps; SU Cracked/Aged BG stamp
Paper:  MFP CS
Ink:  Soft Suede and Distress Ink Pads
Accessories:  Hemp Twine; Copper colored brads; Distressing Tool

Hop over and check out the awesome cards of the ladies on the DT and, if you are of a mind, link up your card too!

Thanks for stopping by - later gator!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful verse on a beautiful card, Kathy. Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled at your comment about "shabby chic." Mine always look "shabby" too, so I tend not to even try. Thanks for making me try vintage again. It's always a challenge for me. I like that you made the sentiment the focus of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy, I don't believe that you could make anything that was just "shabby", but I do identify with how you feel, since I feel the same myself. I must say I found this the hardest of your challenges but it was a fun one. Love all your distressing and the twine - clean vintage is much more my style :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not shabby!! The distressing is wonderful, and so is the bg. The Weathered stamp is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous text and beautiful card kathy.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this beauty isn't shabby, Kathy. Your distressing is terrific and I love the cracked bg. Nicely done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...what a fabulous sentiment....so true and so very positive....fabbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the distressing along with the crackled paper, it really gives it a vintage feel. Love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!