Friday, June 1, 2012

Tutorial Time on Speedy TV - Coloring on Distress Inks


Guess What?!  Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. has a new feature starting at Speedy TV and it's called Tutorial Time!  Yep, tutorials for all levels of stampers/crafters.  I have always been pretty much in a rut with my stamping - I never did try many new techniques - well being on this DT is going to allow me to expand my horizons!

Our team's first tutorial is from Tammylee Newberry and it's titled Coloring on Distress Inks - it was easy and fun - and lots of possibilities with this tutorial.  I think next time, I will use a smaller piece of wadded up paper for my BG!

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Adirondack Summer by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
Paper:  Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. Hazlenut Tan and Premium White 140 lb and Speedy the Cat Black
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink - Tea Dye; Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Corner Rounder Punch; Black rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by - and please join us each week starting June 1st for Tutorial Time!!

Later Gator!


13 comments:

  1. What a relaxing look to this card, Kathy! Your soft bg is wonderful for showing off the Adirondack set. Well done, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the softness and the stamp set you used. I hope to get to know you better Kathy while on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely example of this technique! Love your layout & layered framing! (Pretty inside too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card Kathy, the background is perfect with your images. Very peaceful scene you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the scene you created. Tried the technique. Tried a couple Tim Holtz colors for background (Wild Honey & Broken China) each on different paper not together. Used Tiger stamp from Big Cats and my coloring with Prisma Color markers that my daughter gave me made the Tiger look too dark/scary. I know Tigers are wild but they are bee-utiful looking unlike my colored image. I'm thinking I may need an image with less detail or lighter color coloring. I have Oopsy Daisy and am going to give it a try.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this with the monochromatic layout! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you need fret about the right or wrong size wad of paper for your background. It looks just fine behind your chair and tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this masculine card. It has such a relaxing feel to the card. Great job on this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Inside looks pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful, serene card Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, this is such a pretty neutral creation. I need to get this set back out. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very lovely card kathy.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!